Thursday, December 31, 2009

Homemade Holiday Ornaments

This year I decided to use up some scraps and make ornaments for friends and family.
I started with my pile of scraps from my fused pieces and attached them to a piece of muslin.
Then I put some angelina fibers over it to add sparkle.
I free motion quilted the whole piece then cut out shapes.
Satin stitched the edges to finish them off.
The satin stitching on the shaped pieces was a bit challenging, so I moved on to circles.
I added InnerFuse to the layers for some stiffness and individualized some when possible.
They looked lovely on the Christmas trees that I had the pleasure of seeing in person.
So far it seems that our friends and family have greatly enjoyed receiving their ornaments.

Check out my friend Colleen's blog to read about her Top 4 Christmas Cards of 2009, and see mine along with our homemade card.

1 comment: