Sunday, August 21, 2011

Faces of Change

In December of 2008 I made this piece in response to
the election of the first African American President.
Based on the iconic image from his campaign.
 This lead to a second piece of Abraham Lincoln infused with the word FREE.
I used colonial reproduction fabrics and a matte thread.
 Then added Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., thus creating Faces of Change.
MLK was created with batiks and is infused with the word FAIR.

It has been my great pleasure to work on these pieces
and I hope to conintue to include important historical figures in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Wow and double wow. More info please, size and how on earth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so impressive! I love the fact that you have worked in a series, with such heart and meaning. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete